.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, April 30
A Bus Ride
It's funny how sometimes I forget that I am surrounded by people who care for and support me. Whenever I am down, and whenever I feel that I am the most unfortunate person in the world, I would go into a mourning period and I would enjoy pitying myself during the period. By allowing myself to mourn for a while and be vulnerable, plus doing tons of thinking, I could come out again to continue living as a stronger person. From the bottom back to the top. Well...that's the idea, at least.

Except, sometimes I forget to lift myself up again because I have been at the bottom too long, and I start to get comfortable down there because I feel there is no hope left. That is exactly what happened to me recently. For quite sometime, I had been feeling down and blue to the point where it had started to affect my personality, and even my work.


But last night, as I was surfing the net, I came across this old familiar site
Soundclick

If you click the link above, you will find the lyrics to a song called "Terbaik". This is actually the lyrics of the song one of my dearest friends wrote about me. Yeah...you heard it right, people. This song is about me. Me! And it really hit me. I had been forgetting that there are people who care for me, who love me for what I am, who had been calling for me from up above, but instead I had chosen to remain silent at the bottom.

My super talented friend, Riera, wrote this song for me when we were about to separate two years ago. I was leaving USA for good after 3.5 years, while she still had to stay for another year. During the last 6 months I was in Michigan, we got really close, mainly because we shared a passion for music (with some other friends, we shared lots of sad attempts to be musicians. hehehe...).

One of our sad attempts at a local talent show. Ga Boleh Ketawa!!...


A notable thing about Riera is her ability to make people feel good about themselves, and her ability to make people feel they are important to her. And she demonstrated just that in writing this song for me. So, although she can be a real b#%ch sometime, and although she has been too busy with her 'yayang' lately, I always love her dearly. Hahaha...peace, ra!....

Reading the lyrics of the song, and listening again to Riera's soothing voice singing the song (btw, you can also listen to the song "Terbaik" and other songs from Riera by clicking on the word 'Music' on the navigation bar on the right hand-side of the page from the above link), I realized I had been wasting too much time at the bottom and thus, I had been missing lots of things.

Life is a journey, much like taking a tour on a bus. After you choose the route, it circles around and brings you to several stops. People get in and get out of the bus at different stops. To get the most of the bus ride, you can spend sometime at every stop to observe and enjoy the scenery, and also to chat and to mingle with the people who happen to be at the stop. Just for sometime. Just for a while. If you spend too much time at a stop, you would be missing the sceneries that otherwise you could have seen in the whole journey. After all, it is a one-time bus ride.

So, thank you for reminding me to catch the bus again, friends. You know who you are. :). Special thanks to Riera. I luv you, sis! Kapan ya kita ber jam-session lagi?


Tiada Yang Berakhir

Tiada Yang Abadi

Semua Datang dan Pergi

Silih Berganti

("Terbaik" by Riera Fladya)

 
posted by FLaW at 7:23 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: